About Me

I’m a newly graduated teacher-librarian at a high school in South West Sydney, Australia. I have worked in public schools since the end of 2011 and originally trained as a History and English teacher, with extensive experience teaching both subjects across all year groups, including the challenging History Extension and English Extension 1 and 2 courses. Throughout my teaching career I’ve loved sharing my passion for learning with my students, and always endeavour to create authentic, innovative learning experiences which sustain their interest, develop their skills, and foster a positive sense of belonging within my classroom.

I was lucky enough to move into the library space at the end of 2020, and began retraining as a teacher-librarian in mid-2021. This blog is a continuation of the one I started during my Master of Education (Teacher Librarianship) degree with Charles Sturt University. Teacher-librarians are often isolated within modern schools and so in these pages I hope to record and reflect on my journey as a new teacher-librarian. I hope that it provides some inspiration and help to those who follow a similar path, and can serve as a reminder that we’re not alone in our journeys as new teacher-librarians!