ETL503 4.2 Creative Commons Licensed Resources

Locate at least two Creative Commons licensed resources. Write a short description of each and explain the CC license chosen.

Resource 1: Disney by Marc Levin

I chose this resource because I know that the House of Mouse can be quite protective of its IP, and I wanted to ask whether this resource was actually covered by Creative Commons. I found it on Flickr at https://bit.ly/3HgzuLT with the generic attribution licence logo, but I’m wondering if it is legally covered by this licence since Disney (the creator and copyright holder) is not the poster of this material. Instead it looks like Levin has taken a screenshot (with a computer mouse icon included). What’s everyone’s thoughts on this?

Resource 2: How Disney Writes a Villain Song by Polyphonic

Watch Video

Duration: 9:42
User: n/a – Added: 19/10/18
I found this on YouTube by filtering my search using the Creative Commons option. This resource was shared under the Creative Commons Attribution licence allowing reuse. Again, I’d be interested to know if Polyphonic’s use of Disney’s images and music is legal to begin with. YouTube’s copyright policy states that creators shouldn’t use content in their videos that someone else owns the rights to; though this video might be covered by the USA’s Fair Use laws and Australian content creators might be covered by our similar Fair Dealing exemptions: research or study; criticism or review; parody or satire; reporting the news; enabling a person with a disability to access the material.